Please click on the question to find out the answer.
Every NSW and ACT public school is linked into a local school area. Each area is allocated a 2-week window for their students to enrol in the program. Keep in mind there are always waiting lists.
If you are a care giver wanting to enrol your child please contact your child’s school Principal or Counsellor. Schools may contact our Student Placements Officer about referring students and in regards to emergency placements.
- Free comprehensive health screening including medical, dental, audiometric and optometric and initial treatment where necessary
- An away-from-home experience in modern, comfortable, secure, clean and appropriately maintained facilities
- A structured learning program to consolidate and expand their repertoire of effective personal and interpersonal skills
- Recreational and experiential activities designed to enhance their wellbeing in order to build self-esteem and resilience
- Engagement with a team of expert, enthusiastic, committed, caring staff who model adaptive social skills and emotional competence
For this reason, we ask the children to hand in their mobile phones and other personal devices for the duration of their stay. These will be returned to them at the conclusion of the program.
Should you want to contact your child while they are at Stewart House, we encourage you to email them at-
The program is intensive and children may be on site or excursion at any time. Phone contact is problematic.
All emails are given to the children in their cabins each night.
For any other questions please contact the office directly on (02) 9938 3100. Our opening hours are between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
All funds raised will be used to cover the direct costs of children attending our 12-day program.
You can help us by donating children’s items such as new or good used clothing, books, toys and Christmas presents, or by organising your own fundraising event for Stewart House. If you are unsure about what items you can donate, please contact the Stewart House Office on 02 9938 3100.
- Used stuffed toys
- Electrical appliances
- Used toiletries (including nail polish and other beauty products)
- Sofas or couches
- Pillows, sheets, doonas and mattresses
Stewart House is a child safe organisation and we require all volunteers to hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check (WWC).