Thank you for visiting Stewart House. Our website has a wealth of information about our programs and opportunities we provide children who are in need of a break from their everyday life.
Each year 1,800 public school children in need come to Stewart House from many parts of NSW and the ACT. During their stay, children are provided with optometric, dental and medical treatment as well as emotional support. This is balanced with health and educational programs and out of school activities to boost their self-esteem and to promote a healthier lifestyle.
Children in the care of Stewart House attend a specific purpose school onsite for 8 days of their 12-day stay. The NSW Department of Education provides infrastructure and staffing support for this school. All others costs associated with the childrens’ stay are met from charitable donations.
Stewart House is committed to:
- providing a safe environment where every person has the right to be treated with respect and is safe and protected from harm ·
- creating and maintaining a safe learning environment and safeguarding the emotional, psychological and physical wellbeing of children in its care.
Stewart House recognises that it has a moral and legal duty to protect children from foreseeable harm. This includes the provision of safeguards against mistreatment and timely reporting of child abuse.
Stewart House needs your support to ensure we can continue to provide important services to children.
During the program children:
- Receive free eye, dental and health screening and treatment.
- Develop self-care and conflict resolutions skills.
- Learn to relax and overcome anxiety.
- Participate in excursions and activities to develop a broader outlook on life.
- Establish friendships and routines in a safe community.
- Increase their self-esteem.
Downloads / Links
Stewart House Awards
Most Innovative Charity /
Employer Partnership Award for Partners with NSW Department of Education
Community Service &
Social Justice Award from the Australian College of Educators