Stewart House has grown since 1931 with one charter – to care for children from all parts of NSW and the ACT that are in need.
Central to our growth is the requirement that these children are part of the public education system in either state. Stewart House enjoys unprecedented support from the NSW Department of Education and NSW Health and the NSW Teachers Federation.
To enable all the children who come to Stewart House to:
- Have a wide range of rich and rewarding experiences
- Be inspired to see beyond their present circumstances
- Have real hope and positive aspirations for their future.
We provide for children in need from NSW and ACT public schools, a residential program of up to 12 days duration where educational and experiential learning is embedded within a health and wellbeing framework.
Our values are excellence, integrity and compassion. These are manifested in:
- Our leadership
- Our independence
- Our cooperative external relationships
- Our responsible management of funds
- The recognition, dignity and respect we accord to our clients, supporters, staff and volunteers