If your child has been nominated to come to Stewart House, please read on
What is the Stewart House Program?
Stewart House offers a free-of-charge 12-day residential program for children from Year 2 to Year 8 who are enrolled in public schools in NSW and the ACT. Children younger or older may only attend with prior approval from Stewart House. Stewart House offers a busy activity and experience-based program, with a focus on building self-esteem, resilience, social skills and a personal sense of wellbeing.
The Stewart House Program includes:
- Medical screening (dental, optical, hearing, hair, skin and general health)
- Social-skills lessons and experiences
- Activities designed to improve emotional wellbeing
- Excursions across Sydney
- Art and craft activities to build self-expression
- Physical activities like dance, fitness, swimming and ball games
- Activities designed to promote a healthy lifestyle like self-care skills and cooking
Popular excursions include:
- Taronga Zoo
- Australian Museum
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre
- Harbour crossing on the Manly Ferry
- Walks across the footpath on the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Visits to local parks & attractions
All children receive an activity book to remember their stay.
What happens at Stewart House
You may have some questions about your child’s nomination or about what Stewart House has to offer your child. We provide information on some of the most frequently asked questions, below.