If your child has been nominated to come to Stewart House, you should read this.
What is the Stewart House Program?
Stewart House offers a free-of-charge 12-day residential program for children from Year 2 to Year 8 who are enrolled in public schools in NSW and the ACT. Younger or older children may attend only with the approval of Stewart House. Stewart House has a busy activities and experience based program with a focus on building self-esteem, resilience, social skills and a personal sense of wellbeing.
The Stewart House Program includes:
- Medical screening (dental, optical, hearing, hair, skin and general health)
- Social skills lessons and experiences
- Activities designed to improve emotional wellbeing
- Excursions across Sydney
- Art and craft activities to build self-expression
- Physical activities like dance, fitness, swimming and ball games
- Activities designed to promote a healthy lifestyle like self-care skills and cooking
Popular excursions include:
- Taronga Zoo
- Australian Museum
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre
- Harbour crossing on the Manly Ferry
- Walks across the footpath on the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Visits to local parks & attractions
All children receive a DVD of photos and an activity book to remember their stay.
What happens at Stewart House