In 2020 and 2021, after consultation with Transdev Sydney Ferries and for the safety of our supporters and the broader community, we cancelled ticket sales to our much-loved Boxing Day event to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race
For the past ten years, this event has raised much-needed funds for our Program, and we lament the loss of income and the camaraderie we enjoy onboard with our supporters.
The entire proceeds of ticket sales, in the past, have gone towards supporting children in need from across NSW and ACT public schools. Please consider donating if you would still like to lend your support and are in a position to do so. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible. Click here to go to our donations page.
To register for future Boxing Day events, add your details below, and we will notify you as soon as tickets go on sale
We will update information regarding the event in 2022 as they become available (typically around October). Please use the following information from 2019 as a guide for your planning.
Details from our event (last held) in 2019
Each year Stewart House and Transdev Sydney Ferries offer an opportunity for Sydneysiders to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race from the water.
All proceeds support the valuable opportunities that Stewart House provides for more than 1700 public school children every year.
Date: Thursday 26th December 2019 (Boxing Day)
Time: 12.15 pm for approx. 2 hours
Where: Manly Wharf
Tickets: Adults – $30 each | Children (12 yrs & under) – $15 each
- We will post tickets and wristbands in the mail.
- You must wear the wristband provided and present your ticket to board your designated ferry at 12.15 pm.
- The ferry leaves and returns to Manly Wharf. Before departure, you will be required to gather in the coloured area corresponding to your ticket and wristband colour.
- To avoid unnecessary congestion on the wharf, please ensure that you arrive no earlier than noon.
- There will be two ferries leaving Manly Wharf this year, and regrettably, no entertainment or commentary will be provided.
- Passengers are welcome to bring a picnic lunch. The café on board will also be open.