Public schools across NSW and the ACT have assisted Stewart House with fundraising for over 85 years. This provides a vital income stream for us.
We are proud to be NSW Public Education’s CHARITY OF CHOICE
Stewart House Day usually falls around the same time each year and most schools use it as a focal point for fundraising. It coincides with Stewart House’s annual presentation ceremony where significant contributions from the previous year are honoured. It is also the time when our annual donation drive draw comes to a conclusion.
Whilst we ask all schools, large and small, primary, secondary and special, and their communities to organise special fundraising activities for Stewart House during this time, this does not preclude schools from undertaking Stewart House fundraising at other times during the school year.
Term 1 2019, Donation Drive 2019 begins!
Look out for the envelopes arriving at your school from the start of Term One.
Entry into the draw is only $2.00 for your chance to win a family holiday valued at $4,000 to the destination of your choice.
You can make a payment online using your School Pcard. Please choose ‘Donation Drive’ in the additional information drop down box at the checkout. Please note donations to Stewart House are GST free.
School Fundraising Events
We continue to be impressed by the many creative ways schools raise money for Stewart House.
Traditional Stewart House fundraisers from schools include:
- Mufti Day for $3.00 with each child given a Stewart House handball.
- Mufti Day for gold coin donation with each child given an entry into the Stewart House Donation Drive.
- Draw the outline of the Stewart House logo on the ground in chalk and fill it with coins.
- Challenge each class to create the longest line of 5c pieces.
- A handball competition with the Stewart House high bounce handballs.
- Dress as an ‘S’ day for Stewart House. Other activities such as pyjama mufti days, sausage sizzles and ice-cream stands.
- Book fairs: Foster a love of reading.
- Movie night: Pick a popular movie and sell tickets to students and staff. Set up a concessions stand (or maybe a bake sale) and raise extra money by selling popcorn, drinks and snacks.
- Lemonade stand: Offer up a selection of cold drinks. This fundraiser is especially good when the weather is still hot through summer and early autumn.
- School garage sale: Need to get rid of a few things around the house? Whether it’s spring cleaning or just an annual clean up, having a garage sale at school is an easy way to earn money while jettisoning various items.
Please email us photos from your events! We would love to post your school events in support of Stewart House on our Facebook page. Please email Zoe, the Content & Communications Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
High Bounce Balls can be purchased via raising a purchase order through the Doe Finance System (Vendor no. 100010992). Or by using the link below and paying via the school Pcard.
Our high bounce handballs are sold in boxes of 24 for $36.00.
These popular High Bounce Handballs are lightweight and perfect for fun in the playground.
Workplace Giving – Stewart House Salary Contribution Scheme
Encourage your colleagues to sign-up as regular donors. Just $5.00 a fortnight will fund one full day of a child’s stay in 2019. Since 1931, Stewart House has relied on the personal financial support of public educators to be able to provide appropriate programs addressing issues of health and wellbeing in the most needy of students attending NSW public schools. Sign-up here.
For more information about Stewart House school fundraising please get in contact with Aimee, the Fundraising Executive at email@example.com