We are pleased to provide a summary of highlights from Term 4 2019
- Students enjoyed a range of co-curricular activities including a visit from Ladies of Variety, an invitation to a local school fete, a day out at Luna Park, and Christmas celebrations.
- Thanks to a group of hard-working volunteers, our grounds have never looked better!
- We invite you to join us on Sydney Harbour this Boxing Day, for the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race.
- We thank our community of donors for their support throughout 2019 and also highlight the options available to those wishing to lend their support.
- We remain committed to fundraising to ensure the longevity of our long-standing children’s charity.
Thank you for your support in 2019. We wish you a safe and happy holiday season!
Visiting students participate in a range of activities, thanks to the dedication and support of our valued corporate partners and community groups.
In November, Ladies of Variety (LOV) hosted one of their much-anticipated on-site pampering sessions. If removable tattoos, face painting and nail art didn’t elevate the spirits of children to new heights, then the trademark kind hearts of LOV certainly did!
Also in November, Stewart House students were invited to attend a community fete held by Chatswood Public School – one of our highly-valued Diamond tier School Supporters. Students browsed the many stalls and enjoyed a sausage sizzle. The outing offered valuable insight into what has become a huge celebration of multiculturalism in the Chatwood community.
For our last group of students visiting in 2019, there was unbridled fun and excitement during a day out a Luna Park Sydney. This heritage-listed family fun park was a true highlight to round off the year.
We are thankful to the community for these opportunities, and for the extra-special memories they provide the children of Stewart House.
Bank of America assists with landscaping our grounds.
During the October school holidays, amidst some challenging conditions brought on by a snap heatwave, a small army of volunteers from Bank of America worked to beautify our grounds.
As valued Diamond tier Corporate Sponsors of Stewart House, Bank of America receives priority volunteering opportunities which they undertake with enthusiasm during the school holiday breaks. Thanks to their recent efforts, students and staff are now enjoying two new areas.
1. A Yarning Circle – Our newest gathering place takes advantage of the stunning natural environment around Stewart House and facilitates conversations around Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander customs.
2. A Bush Tucker Garden – The Australian native bushfood garden is easy to maintain and offers a wonderful sensory experience for the children.
We’re grateful for the dedication of the latest group of volunteers. The results are magnificent!
Boxing Day on Sydney Harbour
The most affordable way to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race.
For as little as $30 for adults and $15 for children, you can watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race from the best vantage point in Sydney – Sydney Harbour!
Christmas Gift-Giving Celebrations
We are deeply grateful for the tremendous generosity of our donor community.
As we proudly enter into our 89th year caring for public school children-in-need, across NSW & the ACT, we have the following to thank for their sustained support:
- Teachers – for their voluntary fortnightly salary contributions
- Schools – for their fundraising initiatives
- Individuals and Corporations – for their contributions
There are too many to thank, though we hope the following gives a brief account of the many acts of kindness we receive.
Early in December, staff from Bank of America hosted a Christmas-giving event for the students of Stewart House.
Beautifully wrapped gifts were distributed among the children, who were overjoyed by the experience. This treasured event is a highlight of the annual Stewart House calendar.
Local RSL Club, Harbord Diggers, hosted their annual Stewart House Christmas Party for students visiting late in December.
We have a special, long-standing relationship with the Diggers and this much-anticipated event provides a great deal of cheer and excitement for staff and students.
The Gift of Giving
Choose the gist of giving to Stewart House this Christmas.
Gift a raffle ticket – Support Stewart House in the ASX Refinitiv Charity Foundation 2020 Art Union Raffle, and be in the draw to win from a total prize pool valued at $50,526.
Social fundraising – Turn your next gathering into a fundraising event in lieu of gifts. Stewart House is a registered Australian charity with DGR status. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
Please get in touch if we can help further.
Our fundraising merchandise is available to schools, clubs and organisations.
It has been a delight to learn that teachers are purchasing from our range to give as classroom prizes and gifts. We’re thankful for the support and look forward to building on this trend in 2020.
If your workplace, sporting club, community group, or organisation is looking for ways to fundraise and would like to support Stewart House, please contact us to discuss further.
Orders for merchandise can be placed directly via our website here.
Stay up-to-date with what’s happening at Stewart House.
We invite you to join us on Facebook, where we provide updates on some of the great work that is carried out by the community in support of Stewart House. We are highly appreciative of their efforts and enjoy connecting online. hope to see you there!